A Practical Approach to Identifying, Prioritizing and Mitigating Project Risks
Integrating Risk into Project Planning is a one-day workshop that provides participants with tools to identify and mitigate risks. Intended for project managers and senior team members, the workshop combines lecture, discussion, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises to communicate and reinforce key concepts while providing basic tools and models that can be immediately applied in a professional setting.
The course focuses on practical results with a goal of introducing and reinforcing risk management skills. During the workshop participants will:
- Learn & apply practical techniques to identify and quantify project risks
- Learn decision-making processes that support prioritizing and integrating preventive actions and contingency plans into project plans
- Participate in a Monte-Carlo simulation that underscores the surprising consequences of typical schedule and resource risks and highlights the effectiveness of a few straightforward risk mitigation strategies
- Share information with other professionals about encountered risks and mitigation strategies that are working (or not) in the real world
The workshop begins with basic risk management and then moves to intermediate risk topics associated with estimation and scheduling
- Risk management fundamentals
- Basic prioritization methods
- Estimation risks
- Exercise: Impact of integrating risk mitigation into project plans
- Sharing Best Practices: Lessons from the real world
This workshop is offered to groups of 12 to 100 persons (depending upon facility capacity) at a per participant price of $400. This includes the cost of the training facility, refreshments and all student materials. Discounts are available to organizations that provide their own training facilities or enroll multiple participants.
Catalysis Group, Inc. has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Workshop participants will receive 7 Professional Development Units (PDUs).