Project Quality Management is a one-day workshop that provides participants with tools to develop a quality plan, orient their teams, and manage project quality in a manner appropriate to the effort. Intended for project managers and senior team members, the workshop combines presentation, discussion, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises to communicate and reinforce key concepts while providing basic tools and models that can be immediately applied in a professional setting.
The course focuses on practical results with a goal of introducing and reinforcing quality management concepts and techniques. During the workshop participants will:
- Receive an introduction to quality principles, practices, and tools and apply them to classroom situations
- Learn how quality requirements derived from scope planning are enforced and monitored through quality control and quality assurance plans and actions
- Receive sample quality management plan templates that can serve as a foundation for project quality management efforts
- Explore quality data as a valuable part of status reporting
- Share information with other professionals about quality management strategies that are working (or not) in the real world
The workshop begins with basic quality management tools and techniques and then moves to integrate this information with other project management processes
- Quality Fundamentals
- Project Quality & Scope
- Quality Tools
- Project Quality Management
- Quality Management & Status
This workshop is offered to groups of 15 to 60 persons (depending upon facility capacity) at a per participant price of $400. This includes the cost of the training facility, refreshments and all student materials. Discounts are available to organizations that provide their own training facilities or enroll multiple participants.
The Project Management Institute (PMI®) has discontinued its Registered Education Provider program. People successfully completing this course may still claim 7 contact hours of project management related education.