Project Assessment is a one-day intermediate-level workshop that provides participants with an approach to and basic tools for gauging project status. This workshop is intended for project managers, auditors, or consultants who must quickly and efficiently assess projects and combines discussion, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises to communicate and reinforce key concepts while providing checklists and methods that can be immediately applied to real projects.
The workshop is designed for participants must quickly appraise the “health” of a project currently underway for purposes of:
- Assuming a project leadership role (such as project or program manager)
- Providing an independent appraisal of status (as auditor, reviewer, or oversight consultant)
- Identifying possible corrective actions or process improvements (as reviewer or consultant)
The course focuses on practical results with a goal of building and reinforcing project assessment skills and providing useful tools, and techniques. During the workshop participants will:
- Receive an orientation to the basic project management principles that guide an assessment
- Become familiar with a model that helps establish a context for the review based upon a project’s size, complexity, and business risk and the maturity level of the organization performing the work
- Learn and apply practical techniques to quickly get up to speed on a project that is underway
- Learn what work products to ask for to facilitate orientation and maximize review efficiency
- Gain an approach to reviewing project definition, planning, and status reporting work products
- Obtain and work with checklists and questionnaires to facilitate quick orientation as well as identification of areas needing further analysis
After the workshop, participants will be better prepared to conduct or participate in project assessments
This training is offered to classes of 15 to 100 persons at a per student price of $400. This includes the cost of the training facility, lunch and refreshments, and all student materials. Discounts are available to organizations that provide their own training facilities or enroll multiple participants.
The Project Management Institute (PMI®) has discontinued its Registered Education Provider program. People successfully completing this course may still claim 7 contact hours of project management related education.
If you have questions about this course or
would like information about bringing it to your site,
fill out this form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org